Tuesday, May 02, 2006

So, it's been a while....

So much has happened here. It's been over a week since I've been here, and this is my first chance to use high-speed internet - for free even! So, it's a good deal, and a rainy day. I want to expound on a few things that I've done thus far, but I want to make a general entry as to what's been going on.... So here are the dates of my life in Montreal thus far....
Thursday 4/27 - Arrived in Montreal. Met Alain, my roommate - what a good Scottish guy.
Friday 4/28 - Played in city and taught Kid's Club for a club that was completely black children, and how wonderful it was to watch God calm their wonderfully crazy personalities to listen to a boring white guy talk about Jesus (the boring white guy being me)
Saturday 4/29 - Went to play in the city again and saw where my classes would be, then went and talked with some homeless guys in "Vieux Montreal". Met Bob and all we could talk about with each other was that Jesus was all about love... How true it is - that it's all about love; if we could only embrace that deeply... what would the world look like?
Sunday 4/30 - Went to a Chinese Presbyterian Church (where Tony preached) and got to encourage the believers there to reach out to their city and love on people, because as Bob put it - it's all about love. I went to watch a hockey game tonight as well - the Canadiens - it's a huge deal in Montreal, but I got to meet a group of people that really love Jesus and are involved in ministry here in Montreal. Pray for them as they minister in a city that is so closed to hearing the message that Jesus has called us all to bring to the nations... also got to talk with some orthodox Jews today... interesting. Please pray for the Jewish people as I got to listen to what they think will happen about Messiah (and He's already been here - Jesus), and there are so many here in MOntreal.
Monday 5/1 - Started french class! I was so humbled by how much I don't know and how hard it is for me, where so many things in life have been relatively easy for me. But I met Adriana from Mexico and we hung out that day after class, just walking around the city and talking about the differences in our cultures and beliefs and what we are doing here....
Tuesday 5/2 - French classes again and still have a low comprehension rate of what's going on, but I feel that God is really helping me rely on Him like every minute to help me understand. It seems like I'm constantly switching from listening intently to praying earnestly for help understanding. It's like a never-ending process, but remembering the fact that I couldn't really communicate with Bob made me desire to understand so much more and gave me a desire to learn a language that is really difficult for me. Hung out with Adriana after class again. She seems like so many people I've met before all mixed in one. We have different beliefs, but she is a great friend already to just see the city with and share about what we believe and don't believe.
Wednesday 5/3 - Despising french class... okay, not really despising, but not enjoying; but understanding more and more. I think that this was the day that I went to old Montreal with Adriana and we met Guy. Guy is a homeless dude from North Bay, Ontario, and the day that I met him, he was all strung out on heroin I believe and he had been hit with something, as he had a huge gash in his head and blood all over himself. But the first thing that Guy said to me was "I'm sorry for what I've done, and I've made so many mistakes, so I'm sorry about that"... It was so crazy to hear some dude I've never met before apologizing for what he's done to me, why would he apologize to me. There's more to come about Guy and my thoughts about what he feels and thinks...
Thursday 5/4 - To the streets with my friends from NBBI. Jay, James, Greg, Tyler, Micah, Annie, Abbie & Mr. Burns were all here to work with Tony and myself. It was a great day for many reasons. I got to have a great lunch with my little friend from Mexico and then hang out with my friends from Nbbi and go tell people on the streets about Jesus... Many seeds planted, and I had an amazing conversation with a dude named Charles. He'd never heard the message of Jesus the way that God allowed me to explain it to him. Hopefully he'll be in touch with me with questions. I got to talk with my homeless friend Damion & I met this dude named Shane. We got to talk a lot about how hard it is on the street, how I don't want to give money for him to buy weed, but we got to share Jesus as well. I got to talk about how Jesus loves him and how my life was changed by Jesus. I hope to see Damion & Shane much more this summer.
Friday 5/5 - Long day!!!! French was hard today, but good. I'm understanding more and more and I'm learning how to put together my thoughts a little better. I went and took the Nbbi team around old Montreal again, and Adriana and I got to talk with these two homeless girls, Sarah & Julie from western Massachusetts. We are supposed to go eat with them Saturday night, but it is supposed to rain, so we'll see. But it was an amazing time all together. The Angelos team did a presentation tonight as well. It touched my heart so much and helped me remember how simple the gospel is, but what a high cost it was for Christ to purchase us for His glory. I loved getting to be with my friends and having them meet my friend Adriana. It was nice to be in the presence of those who are out doing the work that God calls us to do..... Then I went and listened to a band play some music at a cafe and then turned in for the night after a long week of trying to develop french and a better understanding for a culture that is so different from what I'm used to.
Saturday 5/6 (ToDaY) - hanging out at Java U with my roommate, Alain & Adriana, we are all doing work and trying not to do too much serious stuff, because it was such a long week. I want to write more about a few things, which I will....
But I miss so many people, but realize that God is working amazingly here in Montreal and I'm sure back home, because God is everywhere, which continues to amaze me. I will write detail more often now that I'm caught up.... Jesus loves you, whoever you are, and remember that He died for you and your sins, and all we have to do is trust that He did this, and surrender our lives to Him.... He loves you!

Enabled.
Dwight

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

6:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home