Sunday, September 24, 2006

Finally.... back out on the streets (just diffferent ones)

Hello..... sorry for not posting in such a while, but times have been busy, as I'm sure that they have been for many of you. But I have a huge praise, and that is that I am back out on the streets again, sharing the gospel with people. My Saturday nights, after the college-age small group that my friend and I lead, we will be heading out on the streets. Not with the sketchboard yet, but that will be starting soon as well. Portland is in need of some people out there.
We met a dude named Mark tonight, that has been on the streets for 26 years. He claims to be a believer, but I'm not so sure, but he was so amazed that someone was out talking to people about the gospel and Jesus. He said that he has never really had a conversation with people on the streets like we had tonight. Praise the Lord that He allowed us to meet Mark. He took a Bible and wants to start reading it, and it was such a nice start to the ministry that we are going to carry out on Saturday nights and whenever we can.

On a different note, a girl from our kids ministry, Boulevards, accepted the Lord this week! Praise God that people are seeing Jesus for the first time as their personal Savior and Commander. God is being so good and He is so sovereign - over all things.

Tonight at our gathering, I shared "How to accomplish Enjoying God forever". I will briefly share them here as well.
1. Galatians 2:19-21 - Surrender, you're dead, Christ is alive in you
2. Hebrews 12:2, 3 - Fix your eyes upon Christ
3. Hebrews 12:1 - Lay aside your sin
4. Hebrews 4:15 - Draw near to God in prayer
5. Psalm 16:11 - Enjoy the pleasures of God forever

The CHIEF END of man is to glorify God BY enjoying Him FOREVER.

Enjoy God and take pleasure in Him - Taste and see that the Lord is good.
Be a Christian Hedonist!!!!!

Fellow Christian Hedonist.
Dwight

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey my Bro!

Blessed be the Name of our Lord for giving you such opportunities in Portland and its region.

I know (because I had the privilege to talk to your Dad yesterday) how busy your schedule is... but you stick on what is important - the preaching of His Word to those who need to be saved and those who are saved and sometimes forgetting we belong to the Lord.
I pray for you (internship snd school, jobs, ministries...) and for your family and the friends from WBC daily.
Greet Geoff for me!

Praying and loving you in our Saviour Jesus.

al

10:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a

6:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dwight!!!!
good to see that you've updated. :)
praying for you sir . . .
"God is great, and greatly to be praised"
- jess

2:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home