Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Free Audio from the Desiring God Conference

Wow!
An amazing, God-centered, supremacy of Christ focused & exalted time this past conference was. It made my mind and heart so full that I didn't know what to do with myself most of the time. What an amazing lineup of speakers and men that just love God these guys were. It was so incredible to sit under their teaching for a short amount of time. It gave me a deeper appetite to search for the deeper things of God.
Anyways.... I could go on and on with how incredibly exhorting it was for me to be under the teaching of the Word from these men, or around the company of the brave Jesus-warriors from my church, or what a joy it was to be so full and filled with God that I couldn't talk at points, I was in awe - but that wasn't really what I was writing about.
I wanted to hook you all up with free audio from this conference. If you live in a postmodern society (which you all do unless you are hiding in a bombshelter still from one of the world wars or living in Cuba, where you have bigger problems than postmodernity), then you need to listen to these messages, because it brings the focus back to Christ for all of them. People need to be saved out of postmodernity, because it is a religion in itself. Don't buy into the idea that it is just a different way of being a Christian. That's crap and don't believe it! Follow Jesus! Share the gospel - because that is what Jesus said to do.
Free Audio:
Desiring God Conference Audio

Praise God for free audio and ministries like Desiring God that provide such things as these. They further my Christian walk more than they realize, I'm sure. Take advantage of these. And for people that don't have highspeed internet or an ipod (Alain, that is you), you need to repent and go and get both of those things, because you can listen to more John Piper, Mark Driscoll, D.A. Carson, Timothy Keller, David Wells & for you Alain, Ravi Z. Go buy one. And for any other people that are too hesitant about investing in these forms of technology - stop being such a sally and go get them, because they help us enjoy God by being able to listen to so many great servants of the Almighty in so much capacity, which fits neatly into our "5th pocket".

Enjoying God.
Dwight

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dwight, i would love to get an ipod, but im a broke college kid! i will have to settle for using my computer (sigh), glad the conference was good.

11:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy Dwight!

I will never let the tyranny of technology dictates my needs! :-)That’s odd, considering the fact that I am studying in Computer Science. But my bro let me tell you a story that proves patience is rewarded.

As you know I did not want to pay for high-speed Internet. I prefer to spend my little money elsewhere… if possible for God. Then 2 weeks ago I received a call from my Internet provider, that is Bell Canada. They wanted me to be hooked on fast Internet. Before I had the time to say no, they told me that the DSL modem will be free and shipped free of charge, and also that I will pay less for the fast Internet than for the normal internet package. As a good Scot, I accepted and praise God for this! Now I can enjoy listening to these messages (And I already started – yet, not those of the conferences you attended but those who are available on Desiring God website) and thank God when technology serves Him and His people!

Let me give you some news about street ministry here in Montreal. Last Friday we had a large group from Parole de Vie (Word of Life) to help our team on the street. These guys, mostly French Canadians although some are English Canadians, who are learning French, were in fire for the Lord. We did not do the sketch board on Friday because it was raining. So we hit McGill Subway Station. I decided with some of my new and young friends that we would go on the street anyway and try to find shelters under the buildings’ canopy (Eaton’s Centre, The Bay…). God was good to us (me and two young Christian ladies). We had a long conversation with three cab drivers and they were stunted by the simplicity of the Gospel and they seem to realize their needs to be saved. They accepted gladly the tract. Now I agree… they did not confess the name of the Lord Jesus that night. But these men, who started the conversation sarcastically, became more and more aware of the seriousness of the Gospel and how it could change the human heart eternally! May God save them! This week we suppose to have a group from Florida to help Tony and us.

My schedule is kind of hectic since school started and I am trying to hit the street once a week with the team (Friday night) but sometimes I have too much to do and I cannot go. Pray for me pleeezzzzzze. As you know, I am not an evangelist and I am shy to death when it’s time to talk with people. I try “every trick in the book” to talk to people, especially when I give the tract… but when people ask me what is this and I couldn’t say the usual question “Do you have a faith of your own?” or the like. I just sound silly when I say that. So, I just tell them “It is a tract that speaks about the Good News of Jesus Christ and we could have everlasting life because of what He did on the cross.” God is good, in spite of the fact that I am a moronic “evangelist”, because some people of the street talk to me and I am able to share the Gospel… clumsily I admit.

How good it was to see a new message on your blog my friend! I am super happy that the conference make you even more in fire for our Lord! Dwight my bro, I miss you big time and I pray for you and love you in our Lord Jesus

Your clumsy, shy and cheap but redeemed bro
alan (alain)

10:38 AM

 
Blogger Josh O. said...

It rocked that we were able to go to the conference together. Hearing these guys speak was only the beginning. Now we've got to figure out what it really means and looks like to exalt the supremacy of Jesus Christ in our hometown. And then we need to just do it. Thanks for encouraging me to not just talk about evangelism, bro. Thanks for doing it! Press on.

11:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home