Friday, May 26, 2006

Creation to Jesus (en francais)

Today was my last day of french classes at Centre Linguista. I got an A in my grammar and a B+ in my conversation. I thought that those would be my grades, no big deal. But the craziest part of the whole course was this morning.
I had to give an oral presentation of any subject of my choosing and it had to be for 10-15 minutes. So, I chose why we need Jesus. I started by teaching creation like I teach to little kids, through drawing it. Then I talked about how there was a problem after creation, when Adam ate from the tree that God said not to (I know Eve did too, but I wanted to present it as all of humanity through Adam). So, I got to talk about Jesus and what He did on the cross and how He died for our sins! You want to talk about God giving words in a language that is not my own. I studied things for a little bit, but the words were coming with ease this morning. God really took over. The presentation was 15 minutes, but it lasted for an hour!!!! They asked so many questions and I got to give them all New Testaments in french and a booklet `Nouvelle Vie en Jésus Christ` - New Life in Jesus Christ. They were all so interested and when you think about the opportunity, they actually asked me to share since they said that I could do it on whatever I wanted. After class, the teacher gave me his email address and wanted to keep in touch - so I believe that is a good confirmation that seeds were deeply planted today. And my class is full of people from different countries - Columbia, Venezuala, Brasil, Japan, Mexico & of course Quebec! The gospel is being preached around the world in one room! That is the unique opportunity of Montréal.... There is a chance to share the gospel with the world!
Tonight, I went out on the streets with Tony and a group from the area. It was raining but God blessed the group with conversations. It has been a long month for me so far because of the intensity of the language, but I am so thankful.
Tonight, I met two believers from Mexico on the streets and Lord willing, they will be calling me to hang out and that will be exciting to encourage believers from a different place. The whole experience is crazy here! I love it.
Tomorrow - I am doing my message on the street for the first time, so please pray for me! It`s not so easy to keep your train of thought when there is so much going on in the street. Please pray that God brings the words that He wants me to say. This life is so not about me, and I`m learning that ever so well being here. This life is about bringing God glory, seeking Him in all that we do, loving Him and acknowledging Him in all our ways - and loving our neighbor as ourselves.... It`s not about me!
I was asked to preach at a Chinese church on July 2nd as well, so be in prayer for that as well, because it`s another opportunity to share the good news of Jesus.
My friends, brothers & sisters in Christ - Don`t ever get tired of the gospel! Beg God to help you love and cherish it more and more every time that you hear it and are reminded about it. Remember how much it revolutionized your life when you first learned and understood what Jesus did - and go with that message to the world - what Jesus has done and what He wants to do - and will do!
Don`t grow weary - for in due time we will reap what we sow.... What are you sowing?

Jésus t'aime...
Dwight

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dwight,
Great job in finishing your French class with outstanding grades!! Spoken like a true mother. What an awesome opportunity you had in sharing with the class your biggest passion, Jesus Christ. It is so obvious in all that is happening that this is where God has put you and is allowing you to use the new language to share. I love reading all of the exciting challenges you are faced with each day and especially how you allow God to take over and use you whenever He chooses, even if you don't feel comfortable. I'll be praying for you as you share on the streets tonight. God will give you the words to use and the attention to your crowd, not things going on around you. I am praying for you every day and again am so excited to see how God is using you in all areas.
Love,
Mom

6:57 AM

 
Blogger dwight said...

Mom,
You are a great encouragement to me! I love that you give me to God and I know that you beg Him to do with me what He wants. Your selflessness as a mom speaks volumes to me! I praise God for a mom that loves Jesus and is bold enough to step out of where you feel comfortable - all for His glory! I love you mom!
Dwight

11:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

6:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

12:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home